Eye Health Technology
Heron Eyecare have one of most technologically advanced practices in Australia. Our state of the art equipment enables the best possible eye health care.
Computerised Perimetry (Humphrey Field Analyzer)
- Computerised assessment of central and peripheral vision.
- Essential for detection and assessment of glaucoma and neurological disease.
- Mixed Guided Progression Analysis which is essential for management of progressive eye diseases.
Avanti OCT Angiography
- Fast non-invasive assessment of the front and back of the eye.
- Digital imaging of the anterior chamber angle for glaucoma.
- Corneal thickness (pachymetry) of full cornea.
- Only Optometry practice on the Darling Downs offering OCT Angiography
- See OCT Angiography
Zeiss Clarus 500 Fundus Camera
- Photography of the front and back of the eye.
- Screening and progression of diabetic retinopathy.
- See true color images to help with differential diagnosis and documentation.
- Image in high resolution anywhere in the retina, including the periphery.
- High resolution mapping of the curvature of the cornea.
- Diagnosis of corneal disease including keratoconus.
- Orthokeratology contact lens fitting.
- Customised contact lenses fitting.
Eye Intense Pulsed Light Technology (IPL)
- New breakthough dry eye treatment
- As featured recently on Channel 9’s A Current Affair program.
- See Dry Eye Management
- Fast measurement of corneal thickness.
- Important risk factor for glaucoma.
- Accurate measurement to 0.1mm for dispensing of spectacle lenses.
- Most accurate measurement for Freeform progressive spectacle lenses.
- Combined with Zeiss premium lenses the best optical result possible.
Zeiss Lens Technology
- Quality Zeiss spectacle lenses using premium optics.
- All progressive lenses use Freeform technology.
- Freeform Technology allowing 50% wider field of view without distortion.
- Freeform technology prescription wrap sunglasses.
- Accurately dispensed by BOB (Relaxed Vision Terminal).
- i.terminal lens dispensing technology (1.3MB PDF).